Two IELTS test takers from India and Pakistan remembered the following details about their recent exams:
Section 1. A conversation between a student and local resident who was surveyed.
Section 2. A talk about different football players and their achievements.
Section 3. A conversation about some research and its comparison with previous ones.
Section 4. A research into honeybees’ migration and hibernation.
Passage 1. An article about an Auckland library.
Passage 2. About ergonomic chairs.
Passage 3. An article about camp farms.
Passage 4. A text about pepper cultivation and production.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently discovered that there are plans to build a new airport in your area and you are not happy with it. Write a letter to the local authority and say:
– How did you get to know about the plans?
– What problems will your neighborhood face?
– Suggest possible solutions to those problems.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that watching sports in one’s free time is just a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– What do you like the most in your home? Why?
– What changes do you want to make in your home?
– How do you communicate with you relatives and friends?
– When did you get your first mobile phone?
– When a mobile phone shouldn’t be used? Why?
– Do you like to send or receive postcards?
– What type of cards do you send to your friends or family?
– What kind of music do you listen to?
– Do you think your taste in music changed with time? How?
– Do you prefer live concerts or recorded music? Why?
– Would you like to attend a live concert of your favorite band?
Describe a job which suites you the most. Please say
– What is it?
– Why did you choose it?
– Why do you think it’s the best job for you?
– What criteria do people usually use when choosing a job?
– What kind of jobs do children like? Why?
– What do you think about work from home?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of that?
– What are the disadvantages of jobs with flexible working hours?
– What do you think about relocating for a job?
– Do you think people like it?