Our kind friend T shared the latest IELTS exam in China:
Section 1. A woman was booking a campervan through a rental company. She was asked about her personal details and also other passenger’s details. License, age, insurance details, extras items required in the van and so on.
Section 2. A student was discussing the concept and details of a play she is to put up.
Questions: multiple choice, matching point of view to the person.
Sections 3 and 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently bought a product after seeing it in an advertisement. However, having received the product you’ve realized it did not match the description in the advertisement. Write a letter to the manufacturer saying:
– What was the product?
– What was mentioned in the advertisement?
– Why didn’t the description match the product you bought?
– What would you like the manufacturer to do?
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people are of the opinion that children should be rewarded for good behavior. Others think they should be punished for bad behavior. Discuss both views and give your personal opinion and reasons.
– Describe the house/apartment that you live in.
– Do you entertain people at home often?
– Is it common to entertain people at home in your hometown?
Describe a small business that you would like to start. You should say
– What business is it?
– Where would you like to start it?
– What would it require to make a start?
– Why have you chosen this particular business?
– What are the skills required to start a business?
– Do you think a university degree is more important than getting experience?
– Should academic programs be modified to include an internship?
– If so, what percentage of the academic program should include practical training?