An IELTS test taker from Australia (thanks M!) shared the following topics and questions:
Section 1. Two students were discussing their research work about criminal activities, evidence and witnesses.
Questions: multiple choice, match headings to paragraphs.
Section 2. A map of university campus and its facilities, such as a swimming pool, bus stop, dormitory location.
Questions: map labeling.
Section 3. A comparison between a house, a hostel and a flat in terms of facilities included (garden or outdoor area, garage, alarm system and so on).
Section 4. About plastic and recycling.
Passage 1. There were some hotel advertisements and we had to find which option is available in which hotel/resort – options included vegetarian food, horse rides, function rooms available for wedding receptions, etc.
Passage 2. About a phone card that allows making international and local phone calls.
Passage 3. On how temporary staff can apply for a permanent job at the supermarket, through an internal recruitment process.
Passage 4. About several types of crocodiles such as the pancake crocodile, rat crocodile and duck crocodile, with their respective differences.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write an application letter to an organisation working with children to volunteer for a part-time job. Please say
– Why do you want to work there?
– Why are you suitable for this job?
– When will you be able to start?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Computers have made the world a better place to live. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe your apartment.
– Do you like watching the sky?
– Do you prefer to do it during the day or at night?
– How do you watch it?
– Do you go somewhere special?
Describe a movie that you watched a while ago and liked. Please say
– When and where was it?
– What was so special about it?
– Why did you like that movie?
– Do you think people should see dubbed movies or only movies in their own language?
– Do you think many people still visit cinemas these days?
– What is the importance of actors in movies?
– Does the plot play an important part in a movie’s success? Why?