Our friend P remembered the following questions from a recent IELTS exam he took in Australia:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently experienced a problem with your rental house. Write a letter to your landlord and say
– What is the problem?
– What did you do?
– What do you expect your landlord to do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people prefer to live in their own house, while others are prepared to live in rental properties. Discuss both views, give you own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– How far away is it from the exam centre?
– How did you get here today?
– How often do you use a dictionary?
– What dictionary do you prefer: a book, an e-book or a mobile app?
– Why is it so?
– What dictionary would you prefer as a present? Why?
Talk about a foreign country that you would like to live or work in. Please say
– What country is it?
– Why did you choose it?
– Explain how you plan to achieve it.
– What do you plan to do there?
– Did you get some advice or help from somebody regarding your plan?
– What do you like and dislike about your home country?
– What do you like and dislike about your current job?
– What job would you like to do in the future? Why?