Our friend S remembered the following questions from a recent IELTS exam he took in Australia:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have seen an advertisement of a valuable piece of equipment. Write a letter to your manager and ask to buy that product to be used in your company. Include the following in your letter:
– what the equipment is
– how it can be useful for the company
– describe the procedure for buying the equipment.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays people are influenced by fashion, in particular when choosing their clothes and hairstyle. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– What is the meaning of your name?
– Why were you given this name?
– Who gave you this name?
– In your country do people conduct ceremonies when giving a name to a child?
– Do you like living in your hometown? Why?
– What did you do when you were a child at home?
– What hobbies are popular with people in your country?
– What do you do now in your free time?
– Do you think appreciation should be given to kids on their achievements?
– How should negative comments be made to an adult at work?
Talk about a positive comment made to you. Please say
– who made the comment
– why you were proud of that comment
– how the comment made you feel.