Our lovely friend K remembered and shared the following questions from the recent IELTS Speaking test he took in Japan:
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Let’s talk about the place where you live.
– Where do you live?
– Do you think it is a good place to live for families? Why?
– How often do you meet your neighbours?
– Let’s talk about sports.
– Have you played any sports?
– Have you ever supported any sports team?
– Let’s talk about concentrating on something.
– Does your job require concentration?
– What disturbs your concentration?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe an activity you enjoy occasionally that is a bit expensive. Please say
– What it is
– Where you do it
– Who you do it with
– When you do it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think rich people should support the poor? Why/why not?
– Do you agree with progressive* tax? Why/why not?
– Nowadays a lot of poor people are trying to become rich. Is this a positive or a negative thing? Why?
* A progressive tax is a tax in which the tax rate increases as the taxable amount increases.