The speaking questions below were shared by S and her friend (thank you!), who took the test in Dublin, Ireland.
Speaking Test 1
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– What do you want me to call you?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about your hometown.
– What is it famous for?
– Have you studied about the history of your hometown at school?
– Do you like to meet people?
– What are the common places where people prefer to meet?
– What were the places where people liked to meet in the past?
– Do you like to go to museums?
– Did you like to visit museums when you were a child?
– When did you visit a museum recently?
– What kind of museums are there in your country?
Talk about a person who is very successful in his/her life. Please say
– Who is that person?
– How do you know him/her?
– Why do you like that person?
– What does success mean to you?
– Why do people like to follow a successful person?
– Why do parents pressure their children to gain success?
– Does success means richness?
– What is the difference between success, work load and leisure?
Speaking Test 2
– General introductory questions.
– Do you like reading books?
– What type of books do you read?
– Are you reading a book presently?
– Would you like to write a book in the future?
Describe a situation when something in your house broke or stopped working. Please say
– What was it?
– What happened when it broke/stopped working?
– How did you feel about it?
– Why do you think people buy second-hand products?
– Why do people sell second-hand goods and advertise them on the internet?
– Do you think advertising fools people?