It seems that the number of winners in our results competition is growing from month to month. I am very happy to see this trend, because it means that more and more people are getting better scores in IELTS. And since the exam is not getting easier, these people must be doing something right! Which is great news to us, because we get to ask the high scorers for tips and advice, and normally they are happy to share.
In July we had 14 lucky winners – well, “lucky” may not be the right word here. Getting a good score in IELTS is rarely to do with luck. Much more often it requires dedicated work and lots of practice, but then you get the reward – a key to the brighter future, a score that opens doors for you.
Without any further introduction, I give you the winners:
Academic Module – 1st place
- Viral Upadhyay from India, Band 8.5
Academic Module – 2nd place
- Afroza Shameen from Bangladesh, Band 8
- Asad Ejaz Butt from Pakistan, Band 8
- Vivekananda Kalepu from India, Band 8
- Thanh Tam Nguyen from Vietnam, Band 8
Academic Module – 3rd place
- Lalit Donakonda, Band 7.5
- Nausheen Ashia from India, Band 7.5
General Training Module – 1st place
- Abdul Rehman from Pakistan, Band 8.5
General Training Module – 2nd place
- Meerah Hafeez from Pakistan, Band 8
- Pratik Patel from India, Band 8
- Priyanka Rama Prasad from India, Band 8
- Shujaat Ali from Pakistan, Band 8
General Training Module – 3rd place
- Vijayanand Ramani from India, Band 7.5
- Shishir Kumar from India, Band 7.5
Congratulations to happy owners of these outstanding results! We are sending the special winners’ certificates to your emails, and your results will be displayed in the IELTS-Blog hall of fame.
But I guess the BIG question on everyone’s mind now is about HOW the winners achieved their scores. All we can say at this stage is that Afroza Shameen and Thanh Tam Nguyen used the book “Target Band 7” in their exam preparation, and that Pratik Patel used our Writing correction service. However, I am sure that the winners will be happy to share their secrets themselves, to help others achieve better results in IELTS.
Everyone, let’s give our winners a round of applause! And please, do join our monthly results competition – click here to find out how.