This update came straight from Dubai in UAE, where our friend FA had his General Training IELTS exam. Here’s what he says:
This section went well.
In first part a woman was complaining about her fridge, the questions weren’t difficult.
In second part there was a radio host reading SMS messages.
In the third part a lecturer was talking about university courses.
In the last part a lecturer was talking about addiction to the Internet.
The first part was about a tour guide.
The last part was very, very hard.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your friend who asked you to give some suggestions to his son who is coming to your country. Tell him which city he should go to, how he can get a job, and how he can make friends.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Do you think that watching television is good for people? Why do we enjoy watching it? Discuss and express your opinion.
The questions were about
– My name
– My job
– What I am doing at my job
– Why I am doing this job
– Whether I like museums or not
– I was asked to talk about one museum I have visited
Describe a game you were playing as a child, you should say:
– Why you liked playing it
– Where you played it
– Whom you’ve played with
– Do you think games are important for adults?
– Do you think games are important for children?
– Which type of games was famous in your childhood?
– Is it important for children to play outside?