Thanks to the generosity of A.H. we know this much about a recent IELTS exam that he took in Dubai, UAE:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You know that a building company is planning to build new houses in immediate proximity to your house. Write a letter to the manager of the company.
In your letter
– Say how you found out about their plan
– Describe how you feel about it
– Explain what you hope that they do about it.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
These days many people do little or no exercise at all, and they have health problems as a result. Why don’t many people get enough exercise? What can be done about it?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you use technology at your work?
– Let’s speak about wildlife (animals and plants).
– Where do you usually see plants and animals?
– Do you think it is important to know about wildlife?
– Are you interested in visiting places with wild animals?
– Let’s talk about vacations.
– Do you like vacations?
– What kinds of vacations are you interested in?
– Why do people like vacations?
– What did you do on your last vacation?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a city that you want to visit. Pleas say
– What is it and where is it located?
– How did you know about it?
– Why do you want to visit it?
– What do you know about this city?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think you will live there one day?
– What makes people visit places?
– Do you think in the future people will live in different locations, such as under the sea or on the moon?
– Do you think that big cities affect the environment around them?