When R took the IELTS test in India he was asked the following questions in Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your local council about garbage and other problems on your street. In your letter
– Describe the problem.
– What are the causes of the problem, in your opinion?
– Suggest a solution to this problem.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that a person’s success depends on his/her upbringing by parents. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Where do you live now?
– What can you see from the window?
– Why do people like chocolate?
– On what occasions do you give chocolate as a present?
– Did you have a chance to meet any celebrities in public places?
– Would you like to be a celebrity? Why?
Describe your favourite advertisement. Please say
– What is it about?
– Where and when did you see it?
– Why did you like it?
– Did it influence you in some way? How?
– Do you think advertising plays an essential role in our life?
– Why do you think so?