A test taker G from the US remembered the following IELTS topics and questions:
Section 1. A lady was calling the post office to get a quote for shipping some items.
Section 2, 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. About a group trip to South America where different forms of transportation will be used.
Passage 1. Don’t remember.
Passage 2: About useful house cleaning products.
Passage 3. A job description for new applicants.
Passage 4. About birds in Australia that were saved from being extinct.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a friend in another country. Ask his/her advice about the country because you have recently applied for a job there. In your letter
– Tell what is the job you have applied for,
– Provide some details about the job,
– Explain why you applied for this job.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays, children play less with one another and this has an impact on their development. What are the reasons for this? Does it have a good or a bad effect on children?
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Is branding popular in your country?
– How do people feel about branding in your country?
– Has it changed the way people buy products in your country?
– Do you buy unbranded products? Why?
Describe an advertisement you have seen or heard recently that impressed you. You should say
– What was the advertisement about?
– What did you like about the advertisement?
– What made it stand out?
– Did you buy the service or the product advertised?
– Do you trust advertisements?
– How do wrongly advertised products/services affect your buying decision?