Our kind friend A took the IELTS test in the USA and remembered the following information about it:
Section 1. Making a reservation for a catered kids’ birthday party.
Section 2. About community formation and their activities, for example, growing crops for food.
Section 3. About management of a project, including various positions such as delivery manager, executive, project leader and their responsibilities.
Section 4. About the bamboo treadle pump used in India.
Passage 1. Some advertisements about courses for job seekers, learners, students, kids, adults etc.
Questions: Matching information to advertisements.
Passage 2. An article about a company’s employee policy.
Questions: Fill in the blanks.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. The history of development of an instrument for sailors such as compass.
Questions: Matching headings and True/False/Not Given.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You were visiting a friend in another city and upon your return back home you found an object belonging to your friend in your suitcase. You need to return it to your friend. Write a letter to him/her about it and say:
– What did you enjoy when you were in his/her city?
– How did that mistake happen?
– How are you planning to return the object?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some think the best way to motivate and encourage people to work hard is to pay them based on how much they produce and sell. Do you agree or disagree? Include relevant examples from your own experience.
– What is your name?
– Can I see your passport?
– Do you work or study?
– How do you spend your day every day?
– At what time do you wake up daily?
– How’s you day different from when you were younger?
– What would you like to change in your daily activities in the future?
– Do you stay in an apartment or a house?
– Where do you prefer to live, in an apartment or a house? Why?
– In the future, what kind of house would you like to live in?
– What do you do on your birthdays?
– How did you celebrate birthdays in your childhood?
– How is it different now from when you were a child?
– Do you like celebrating birthdays?
– Which birthdays are important in your country? Why?
Talk about a piece of clothing you got from someone, which is important to you. Please say
– What is it?
– What does it look like?
– Why is it important to you?
– What other kinds of clothes do you like to wear?
– When do you wear them?
– What do men wear to traditional functions in your country?
– Do you like to go shopping?
– Do you think people like to go shopping more often nowadays?
– Why do people enjoy shopping so much?
– Why do people like to go shopping with friends?
– Do you think men enjoy shopping as much as women do?
– Do you prefer online shopping or in-store? Why?
– Looking at the current production of clothes, do you think in the future people would recycle or reuse the clothes for various uses?
– What kind of things people do with recycled clothes?