The IELTS exam below was shared by our kind friends C and P, who took their test in Sydney, Australia.
Section 1. A conversation between 2 students who were doing a history project.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 2. College campus information, in particular about parking and visitors.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Sections 3 and 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1 and 2. Don’t remember.
Passage 3. A report about how the Dodo birds became extinct.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are transferred to another country to study. You want a part time job while studying. Write a letter to your friend in that country and ask him/her to help you out with finding a part time job. Please say:
– What are your study plans?
– What type of job are you looking for?
– Explain how your friend can help.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Parents often buy their children many toys. What are the advantage and disadvantage of children having a large number of toys? Use examples from your personal knowledge and experience.
– Is swimming popular in your country?
– Should young people, especially children, learn to swim?
– Can you swim?
– When did you learn swimming?
Talk about a song from your childhood that you remember until now. Please say
– What is it about?
– What is the significance of this song in your life?
– What do you feel when you hear this song?
– Is singing popular in your country?
– What kind of songs do people sing together in your country?
– Should we encourage young people to sing?
– Can young people and adults share the same kind of songs?
– Should we learn to sing well to feel the song?