Our friend M took the IELTS test in Saudi Arabia and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You were sent by your company to attend a meeting in another country, but you are not happy with the hotel your organizer booked for you.
Write a letter to your organiser about
– the meeting you attended
– your complaint to the hotel
– what you’d like the organiser to do about it
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that television is useful in education, while other says it is useful only for entertainment. Do you agree or disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Are you working or studying?
– What is your work?
– What do you like the most about your work?
– Is it normal to help other people in your country?
– What kind of help do you usually provide?
– Do you send text messages?
– Do you like to receive text messages?
– Do you leave voice messages on the phone?
– Why is it important to leave a message on the phone?
Talk about a paid job you and your friend did together. Please say:
– what was the paid job that you and your friend did?
– did people like the job that you and your friend did?
– did you enjoy doing it?
– What kind of work do younger people like doing?
– Do you think old people need to work?
– What kind of work should the old people do?