Our kind friend K.L. took his IELTS test in Saudi Arabia and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two maps of a village showing the changes between the years 1950 and 2010. We had summarise and describe these changes.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people believe that eighteen years old is the appropriate age to finish school. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What do you like about it?
– What makes you proud of your country?
– Let’s talk about happiness.
– Do you think it is important to be happy?
– What did you do recently to feel happy?
– Did you do something so that people around you will feel happy?
– Are we supposed to be happy all the time?
– Did you hear children talk about the future?
– What do they usually want to do in the future?
– Should we motivate children to follow their dreams?
– How can we do it?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a perfect job that you would like to have in the future. Please say
– What job is it?
– Why do you like this job?
– And explain why you think this is a perfect job for you.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Let’s talk about jobs.
– What jobs are important, in your opinion?
– Is money the most important thing when choosing a job?
– What else is important?
– Do you think gaining experience is better than earning a higher salary?
– Do you think people you work with are important?
– Why do you think so?