Our friend O remembered the following IELTS questions after taking his test in Nigeria:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You work a part-time job in a company and the company posted an advert seeking a person for a full-time position. Write a letter to your manager requesting to apply for the advertised position. In your letter say
– Why do you want to apply?
– What are your future goals?
– Why would it be beneficial for the company?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people believe that learning a foreign language is a very difficult task. What are the most difficult things about learning a foreign language? What is the best way to overcome them? Explain and include your personal experience or knowledge of these problems.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What do you like about your job?
– What would you improve for better work experience?
– Do people drink coffee or tea in your country?
– Why do you think it is?
– What do you prefer, personally?
Talk about something you own, but don’t use often. Please say
– What is it?
– Where and when did you buy it?
– Why don’t you use it much?
– What do you think about recycling?
– Is recycling done in your country?
– Do you think recycling is important?
– What things can be recycled, in your opinion?
– How can the government encourage people to recycle?
– Let’s talk about magazines and TV ads.
– What do you prefer?
– Why is that?
– Did you buy anything that you saw advertised?