When S took IELTS in Nepal, they were asked the following questions in the Writing and Speaking tests:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table and a line graph showing how often Australians are going to cinemas in a year and also a comparison of that frequency by age.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Most scientific inventions and discoveries are worthless and only waste time and money resources. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– How long have been staying there?
– What do you like the most about this place?
– Why did you decide to stay here?
– Do you like sharing things with others?
– Who do you usually share them with?
– What kind of things do you share?
– Have your parents taught you to share things?
– What do you think about sharing things with others?
Describe the greatest success of your friend that made you feel proud. Please say
– Who is your friend?
– What did he/she do?
– Why were you proud of him/her?
– Why do you think he/she deserves it?
– Are successful people happier than others?
– What makes a person successful?
– Is it important to have vocational courses in school?
– Are academic achievements the only thing to consider in a job application?
– Do you feel that being successful is only about getting what you want, or is it something the society wants?