R.D. from Nepal relied on our daily emails to prepare for IELTS. He found them helpful and as soon as his exam was over, shared these questions to help other test takers:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two maps of Browntown Park in Australia, in 2010 and at present. The maps included things such as a courtyard, some infrastructure, a cafe, park, parking lot, museums, and the entrance. On the present time map the infrastructure was relocated and some features were added (a playground, etc).
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays, most scientific research is funded and conducted by private companies, rather than the government. Do the advantages of this situation outweigh its disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– Can you tell me your full name, please?
– Do you work or study?
– Where are you from?
– Is your hometown a good place to live?
– What kind of weather does your home country have?
– Do you like this type of weather?
– Do you prefer a warm or a cold weather?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a book that you enjoyed reading. Please say
– what type of book it was
– who recommended it to you
– why you decided to read it
– and explain why you enjoyed reading this book.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What type of books do you think is more popular, digital or print books?
– Why do you think people prefer this type of books?
– Do you think this will change in the future? In what way?
– Is it important to know how to read a map?
– Why can some people read a map better than others?
– Why do people like to travel to other places?
– Should they learn about the place before traveling there? Why or why not?
Good for exam