Thanks to an IELTS test taker from Malaysia we can share the following topics and questions from a recent IELTS exam:
Section 1. A business owner was looking for an office she could rent.
Section 2. About life and work of a photographer.
Section 3. Two students were discussing their work with a professor.
Section 4. A speech about lost texts and historical words.
Passage 1. The history of oil and fuel.
Passage 2 About western Africa’s culture.
Passage 3. About evolutionary psychology at work.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two graphs showing the average, maximum and minimum temperatures over a one-year period for Tokyo and Sydney.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that it is good for a country’s culture to broadcast foreign films and TV shows. Others, however, think it is best to produce local films and shows. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you usually take a bus or a taxi? Why?
– Is it easy to use a bus or a taxi in your area?
– Do you write to your friends?
Describe a goal that you hope to achieve in the future. Please say
– What has this goal to do with your life?
– When did you start thinking about this goal?
– How will you achieve it?
– Why is it important for you to achieve it?
– Do you think people should talk to others about their goals?
– What is more rewarding, working towards the goal or achieving it?
– Do you think it’s important to have realistic goals?