An IELTS test taker from Kuwait (thank you B!) shared the following details of a recent exam:
Section 1. A conversation about hotel reservation.
Section 2. A conversation between two people regarding education.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About an exotic island in the Pacific region.
Passage 2. About endangered birds in New Zealand.
Passage 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You had purchased a toy online and upon delivery found that there was a problem with it. Write a letter to the manager of the toy company.
– Describe a toy that you bought.
– Describe why you think the toy is faulty.
– What do you want the company to do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you work late hours? Why?
– What is the optimum sleep time a person requires?
– How many hours a day do you usually sleep? Why?
Describe your favourite piece of clothing. Please say
– What is it?
– Where did you buy it?
– Where do you usually wear it to?
– What is the type of formal wear for people in your country?
– What is your opinion about internet shopping?
– Do you go out shopping with your friends or your wife? Why?
– Do women in your country wear fashion accessories?