Our lovely friend M.S. recently took the IELTS test in Jordan and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two bar graphs. One was showing the average cost per night in different hotels with star ratings from 3 to 5 stars. The other was showing the occupancy rate in these hotels.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays in many countries the proportion of older population is higher than that of younger people. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you study?
– Where do you study?
– Describe your home.
– What can you see from your windows?
– What kind of trees are usually planted in a home garden in your country?
– Have you ever planted trees?
– Do you like planting trees? Why?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe something important that has been kept in your family for a long time. Please say
– What is it?
– How long did your family have it for?
– How did your family get it?
– Why is it so important?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Is there anything that makes you happy?
– Can you stay happy all the time?
– What can you do to feel happier in general?