The topics below were shared by IELTS test takers from Iran and Nigeria:
Section 1. A man and a woman talked about a drama club, its nature, members, limitations, its activities for the coming months and a new play that was about to begin.
Section 2. Two students discussed the introduction of a new material named “bitublocks” and compared it with another new recycled material named “veggie blocks”
Section 3. A seminar about possible tourist sites in the Northern British Columbia focusing on the locations and name of the sites. The questions asked what were the main attractions and accessibility of these sites.
Section 4. A lecture about the history, development, and impact of advertising on the general public and young people in particular.
Passage 1. Obesity in America and why it’s not the fault of the people.
Passage 2. The survival of Howler and other breeds of monkeys in certain habitats and forests in America.
Passage 3. Work from home: the social, economic and environmental impacts.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table showing information about cocoa beans production in six regions worldwide between 1992 and 1998.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that men and women have different qualities, which is why men are suitable for some types of jobs and women – for different types of jobs. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Do you like your home?
– What will your future house look like?
– What public transport do you usually use?
– Do you think public transportation is expensive in your city?
– How often do you spend your time in the countryside?
– How will the countryside look in the future?
– Do you have any memories of nature from your childhood?
Describe a room in your house that you like the most. Please say
– What room is it?
– Why do you like it that much?
– What do you usually do there?
– How a room can be made a pleasant place?
– Do most people like big rooms or smaller ones? Why?
– Do you think everyone must have a private room?
– Does the appearance of an office have influence on customers? Why?
– Do you prefer to work in an open office or in a separate room?