Our friend M took the IELTS test in India and remembered the following writing and speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You were supposed to meet with your friend yesterday but you were unable to come. Write a letter to him/her and say
– How did you try to contact him/her?
– What was the reason for your absence?
– When do you plan to meet with him/her again?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
The fast food industry has negative effects on our health, the environment and family eating habits. Do you agree or disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– How different is your work today from the past?
– When are you happy at work?
– Tell me about your city.
– Are there taxi and bus services in your area?
– Why do you think people read magazines?
Talk about an article you have read recently in a magazine or a newspaper. Please say
– When and where did you read it?
– What was it about?
– How did you feel after reading it?
– How often do you read this type of articles?
– Would you suggest this article to your friends?
– Tell me about magazines available in your country.
– Does reading magazines have a negative or a positive impact on teenagers?
– Do you remember news seen on TV or in the newspaper?
– Why do people still listen to news on the radio?