A test taker from Ghana (thanks, S!) shared the IELTS Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram illustrating jam production. We were asked to summarise and describe the process of making jam.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people see shopping as a leisure activity mostly for young adults, while others disagree. Do you think this has a positive or negative effect on economic development? Give your opinion and include relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Why did you choose it?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– What would you like to do for a job?
– Why would you like to do it?
Talk about a dress that you wore for a unique occasion. Please say
– Can you describe the dress?
– Where and when did you buy it?
– What was the occasion?
– Did people notice your dress?
– What did they say about it?
– Do you like imported fruits?
– Do children prefer imported fruits?
– Would you like to live in the city or the countryside? Why?
– Why do people wear formal and informal clothing?
– Nowadays most youngsters prefer casual look. Why is it so?