IELTS in Canada was described by our kind friend A. Here is what he remembered:
Section 1. A dialogue between two people about renting a room.
Section 2. Presentation by the founder of exchange services on-line.
Section 3. A conversation between a student and a university professor about her research on a coffee company.
Section 4. Information about first Japanese settlers and their livelihood.
Passage 1. About the history of printing books.
Passage 2. The sense of smell.
Passage 3. Can’t remember.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
There were two tables about potato production and consumption on five continents in 2006.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Machines start to replace humans in many jobs, discuss both negative and positive points of this development.
– Introduce yourself.
– What is your name?
– Do you work or study?
– Talk about your job.
– Was this job easy to get?
– Let’s talk about fashion and style of clothes.
– Where do you buy your clothes?
– Do you do anything to relax?
– Is relaxation important?
– Are men and women different in their way of relaxation?
Talk about a place in your country that has changed, please say:
– what place it is,
– how it has changed,
– why this change occurred, and
– what made you remember this place.
– Why do people not like changes?
– Have the traditions changed in your country?
– Do you think people should preserve their traditions?
– What are the benefits of changing traditions?