S.N. took the IELTS test in Canada very recently and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two pie charts describing four sources of income of a charitable organisation, to be used for maintenance of buildings in 1990 and 2010. The four sources were government funding, individual grants, sales in shops and entry tickets.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
At present the mass media is very influential, and the lives of many people are affected by the news. Why do you think this is happening? Is this a positive or negative development?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you study or work?
– What do you study, and why?
– Do you think your field of study can be beneficial for the society? Why?
– Do you use any apps, why or why not?
– Which app would you like to use in future?
– Do you think the way people used to trade in the past is different from how they do it now?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a business person you are inspired by. Please say
– who the business person is
– what he/she does
– why you feel inspired by him/her
– and explain how this person will be useful to you in the future.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What is the most important business in your country?
– What do you think about investment opportunities in your country?
– Do you know about any business person who made a significant change to your nation’s economy?
– How did he/she do it?
– What are the challenges of doing business in your country?
– How can these challenges be overcome?