Thanks to the IELTS test taker S from Canada we can share the topics and questions from a recent exam (except for the Listening, which S couldn’t remember).
Passage 1. About a 296 year-old skull of European origin that was discovered in Australia.
Passage 2. How paper banknotes originated from metal coins.
Passage 3. A strategy of superstores.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two line graphs showing the amount of male and female prisoners in Australia from 1911 to 2001.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that mobile phones should be banned in public, especially on public transport, in restaurants and cinemas. Others think that mobile phones should be allowed to use anywhere. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Why did you choose this profession?
– Did you like the first day of your job?
– What type of weather do you like?
– Do you discuss the weather with your friends?
Describe a law in your home country, that you feel is very good for people. Please say
– What is it?
– How did you get to know about this law?
– Why do you think it is good for people?
– Do you think rules and laws are important? Why?
– What qualities of a police officer are the most important in your view?
– Should a police officer be punctual? Why?
– Are rules and laws strictly obeyed in your country?