When M took the IELTS exam in Canada the following Writing and Speaking questions appeared in the test paper:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your friend about your plans to go out with him/her and another friend on a small picnic. Include the following in your letter:
– where you plan to go
– what arrangements you already made
– what help you need from your friend with this picnic.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some believe that people should not continue to work once they reach the age of retirement. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your experience.
– What is your name?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like boats?
– Are boats famous in your country?
– Would you like to own a boat in the future? Why?
– Where would you like to go on a boat and with whom?
Talk about a garden or park you once visited. Please say
– when you went there
– what you saw in the park
– why visiting this park was a beautiful and memorable moment for you.
– Talking about nature and beauty, do you find gardens and famous tourist places in your country beautiful?
– What do you think about people harming the beauty of nature?
– What activities are causing harm to nature?
– What should be done to avoid such harm?