The IELTS questions from Brazil were shared by R who recently took his General Training test there:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently stayed in a hotel and an employee was very helpful to you. Write a letter to the hotel management to tell them what happened. In your letter
– describe the situation
– explain what happened
– say what you would like the manager to do
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people argue that competitive sports are good for bringing together different people and cultures. Others argue that these sports can cause problems and increase conflicts between nations. Discuss both points of view and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where do you live?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment? Why?
– What is your favorite part of the house? Why?
– Do you think you will still be living in this house in the future? Why?
– Who do you spend most of your time with?
– Do you like spending free time with others or by yourself?
– What types of activities do you do with your family and friends?
– What do you like to do when you have free time?
– In what situations do people feel bored?
– Do you feel bored sometimes?
– What do you do to not feel bored?
Talk about something you do to concentrate at home or work. Please say
– What you do
– When and where you do it
– Whether you do the same thing always
– Why it is important for you to concentrate
– Why do people find it difficult to concentrate?
– Why can’t people focus more nowadays?
– Are there professions where you need to concentrate more, or where focus is really important?
– Do you know any other jobs where concentration is important?
– What can employers do to help their staff to concentrate?
– Is this a real thing or something you just came up with now?
– Is it possible to learn how to concentrate?
– Why do people find it particularly difficult to concentrate for long periods of time?
– Do you think machines are better than humans, because humans get distracted more easily?