IELTS exams in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia were exactly the same, according to our friends who shared their questions (thank you M, F and H!). Here is what they collectively remembered:
Unfortunately, nobody remembered any of the topics.
Passage 1. About a holiday package offered by a travel agency.
Passage 2. About historical buildings.
Passage 3. A research into Golden frog life habitat done by a NSW university lecturer. The research explained about how the frog breeds and why it is disappearing.
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a cinema manager you have previously been to regarding a problem you had, in your letter mention
– which movie was it and when you saw it,
– what the problem was,
– suggest what the manager should do to rectify the problem.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people find commuting to and from office difficult. They say employers should allow their workers to do certain office tasks from home. What are the advantages and disadvantages of working from home? Give your opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Which part of the world do you belong to?
– What do you do here in Australia?
– What are your recreational activities?
Tell me about a TV program which you watched and didn’t enjoy, you should say:
– What TV program was it?
– When did you watch it?
– Why didn’t you enjoy it?
– What sort of TV programs do normally people watch?
– Do you watch TV a lot?
– How many hours a day do you watch TV for?
– Do you think TV programs influence people?
– What should the government do to improve quality of TV programs?