An IELTS test taker from Australia (thanks, D!) remembered the following topics and questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently visited a store to repair your computer, but they couldn’t fix it. Write a letter to the store manager and say
– What was the problem with your computer?
– What happened in the store?
– What do you want them to do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that you need more money to be happy, while others prefer to have more free time than money. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– How do you see your future career?
– Why is that?
– Do you like writing?
– Would you consider becoming a writer?
Talk about a place you use for relaxation. Please say
– What and where is this place?
– How often do you go there?
– How did you find this place?
– How do people in your country like to relax?
– How were people relaxing in the past?
– Is it different today?
– Why do you think so?