Today I’ve got 2 sets of Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam, one from UAE and one from the Philippines.
Speaking Test 1
– What is your name?
– Are you working or studying?
– What kind of work do you do?
– What makes you like your job?
– Did you have experience in painting, when you were little?
– Do you think painting will be good for school age children?
– Why do you think people buy paintings?
– Are you going to buy a painting?
Tell me about the job you would like to have in the future, you should say:
– What kind of job is it?
– Why you would like it?
– What difference does it have with the job you have now?
– What kind of friends would you like to meet?
– Are you going to invite them in your house or go out instead?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you enjoy shopping?
– What do you usually do in your free time?
– Who shops most of the time?
– What is music to you?
– What kind of music do they usually play in the Philippines?
– What is the significance of music for every individual?
– Why do they play music in the shopping malls?
– When you were young, think of a music that you liked most – why did you like that kind of music?
Cue card 1
Talk about a situation you needed help, you should say
– What it was all about
– Who helped you,
– Why it is very important to you
Cue Card 2
Describe a conversation you had in the past, that is very important to you.
– Whom did you have it with ?
– What happened?
– What did your learn from it?
– Why was it important to you?
– Do you still talk to that person?
– Did you share the conversation you had with that person with any other family member?
– What do you think would be the problem if two people talking had two different languages?
– Do you think a face to face conversation is better than talking to someone over the phone?
– What do you think is a good conversationalist?
– Do you think using an interpreter would help if two people conversing had different languages?
– What do you think could be a problem when using an interpreter?