IELTS letter, topic: Business letter about organising a corporate event (from Ace the IELTS book)

This letter was written on a topic from “Ace the IELTS” book (page 43, reprinted with permission).

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You are a secretary, planning a corporate event. Write a letter to Entertainment Company explaining the kind of party you would like to organize, indicate the date and time of the event and your special requests.

Write at least 150 words

You do not need to write your address.

Begin your letter as follows: Dear Sir/Madam,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a secretary at Etrust Co Ltd and I am responsible for planning our company’s annual dinner party. I am writing to explain about our requirements for that party.

We would like to celebrate our company’s annual party as dinner party at Novotel Hotel on 17th October at 7:00 PM. Our aim is to have an amusing event for all of our staff members. In the party, we would like to start with a live music show before dinner is served.

We also to include a magic show after the dinner and before we conclude the event, we would like to arrange some indoor games all of our staff members can participate.

Apart from these, I would like to request an experienced event ambassador, who can speak both English and Mandarin fluently for this party as we are inviting some of the staff from our China branch office.

If you need further information you can contact me via email chris@etrust.com or call my office number 67890987.

Yours faithfully,

Chris Lambert

Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8

‘would like’ is a more formal expression
‘in which’ – the preposition ‘in’ is missing here

1 thought on “IELTS letter, topic: Business letter about organising a corporate event (from Ace the IELTS book)”