IELTS exam in Islamabad, Pakistan was described by N., who found the updates from IELTS-Blog helpful and wanted to give back. We thank N. for his contribution, and here is what he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have just arrived in an English speaking country to study a course. Before you left, your English teacher invited you to a dinner. Write a letter to him describing your present situation. In your letter include the following:
– Thank him for the dinner.
– Tell about your studies.
– Say how his advice helped you.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that teenager years are the happiest years in a person’s life. Others believe adult life is much more happier despite of the family responsibilities. Discuss both, what is your opinion?
– What’s your name?
– How shall I call you?
– Where are you from?
– Can you tell me something about the place you came from?
– Tell me about sounds which you like and don’t like.
– How did you learn English?
– Tell me about a sound that reminds you of your childhood.
Tell me about about a recent TV program that you didn’t like, you should say:
– what program it was,
– when you saw it,
– what it was about,
– why you didn’t like it.
Generally, the topics we talked about were about TV programs.
– Do you think that nowadays quality of TV programs has dropped?
– Do you think nowadays TV artists are getting a fair pay?
– What type of TV program do you like?