An IELTS test taker from the UAE (thanks, U!) remembered the following questions from a recent exam:
Section 1. About a furniture shop in the UK
Section 2. About Museums, Art galleries and fashion show.
Section 3. Business analysis and principles such as SWOT, Pareto and so on.
Section 4. Survey of students after graduation.
Passage 1. Fast food and slow food.
Passage 2. Fuel consumption and various technologies and inventions to reduce it.
Passage 3. History in various centuries (5th, 6th, 9th, 15th and 16th) and how different they are from the present.
Writing task 1 (a report)
A table was given comparing the percentages of expenditure on various household items in everyday life in 1986 and 2009.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some exercises are good, but not all, and without knowing the difference people who do all kinds of exercises can harm themselves. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion and include examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– What can I call you?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about the part of your country where you live.
– What do you like about the place where you live?
– How was your first day at high school?
– Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
Talk about a car trip that you took. Please say
– Where did you go?
– What was the purpose of the trip?
– Who was there with you?
– Why do you still remember this trip?
– How often do you travel by car?
– How good is the transportation system in your country?
– How can it be improved?
– Do you think doing so will reduce pollution?
– If the transportation system were improved, would more people use it?