Thanks to N who took the IELTS test in Malta we know this much about the recent topics and questions:
Section 1. About an outdoor activity center.
Section 2. Discussion about a play based on a novel, and how the novel is portrayed in the play.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About the driving test.
Passage 2. Safety rules and precautions for ladder use.
Passage 3. About a US exchange program.
Passage 4. About bears and their cubs.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your manager about a computer system problem that you have encountered and say
– Describe the problem.
– How is it affecting your work?
– What needs to be done about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that children’s success in adulthood is related to the way they have been raised by their parents. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion and examples.
Our friend took the IELTS test in the UK and was asked the following questions in Speaking:
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you read newspapers?
– Does your family read newspapers?
– Do you read any news online?
– What section of the newspaper do you read first? Why?
Talk about a toy you had in your childhood. Please say
– What was the toy?
– Who gave it to you?
– How old were you then?
– Why do you remember this toy?
Follow up question: Do you still have this toy?
– Who else played with your toy?
– Did you like it? Why?
– What kind of toys do girls like?
– What is the difference between toys for girls and boys?
– Is there a toy that was common in your childhood?
– Should children be allowed to choose their toys?
– What should you think of while buying toys?
– Do children learn something from toys?