IELTS exam in Islamabad, Pakistan was described by N., who found the updates from IELTS-Blog helpful and wanted to give back. We thank N. for his contribution, and here is what he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have just arrived in an English speaking country to study a course. Before you left, your English teacher invited you to a dinner. Write a letter to him describing your present situation. In your letter include the following:
- Thank him for the dinner.
- Tell about your studies.
- Say how his advice helped you.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that teenager years are the happiest years in a person’s life. Others believe adult life is much more happier despite of the family responsibilities. Discuss both, what is your opinion?
- What’s your name?
- How shall I call you?
- Where are you from?
- Can you tell me something about the place you came from?
- Tell me about sounds which you like and don’t like.
- How did you learn English?
- Tell me about a sound that reminds you of your childhood.
Tell me about about a recent TV program that you didn’t like, you should say:
- what program it was,
- when you saw it,
- what it was about,
- why you didn’t like it.
Generally, the topics we talked about were about TV programs.
- Do you think that nowadays quality of TV programs has dropped?
- Do you think nowadays TV artists are getting a fair pay?
- What type of TV program do you like?
- IELTS test in Pakistan and Qatar – February 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers F and P shared the questions from...
- IELTS test in Singapore – October 2013 (General Training) Our friend L who took the IELTS test in Singapore...
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – January 2013 (General Training) This update was shared by an IELTS test taker (thanks,...
- IELTS test in Malaysia – January 2013 (General Training) The update below was shared by A (thanks!) who recently...
- IELTS test in the USA – September 2013 (General Training) The IELTS exam details below were shared by K from...