Subscribe hereRSS of IELTS-Blog.com via RSS or via email Help

IELTS-Blog

Your best IELTS study partner

IELTS Essay, topic: Popular events

Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

The World Cup football and the Olympics are held worldwide with great national support and expectations. As a fan of those competitions, I agree with the idea that sporting events can be necessary for international relations and national unity. .

First of all, the World Cup, Olympics and other international games work for easing tensions among different nations. For example, South and North Korea have football games regularly two nations a chance to understand each other . In the mid of North Korean supporters came to South Korea with the footballers and they were very excited during the sporting events. Even if it sounds ridiculous, many South Koreans were quite surprised at that moment when North Koreans shouted and cried during the match. We all realized that they were very normal sports fans even though they were occasionally very secretive. Through the sports, two divided nations could reduce their political and ideological tensions and could feel the patriotic unity.

On the other hand, some sports matches can make international relations worse. For instance, football or baseball games between Korea and Japan are always big matches in two countries where . Sometimes, after the matches, the two rivals blame each other and their patriotic emotions explode in an aggressive way. scenario is that the troubles caused by losing games affect the players directly. As far as I know, a couple of Korean players in Japan suffered from invisible discrimination after the match between two countries.

In conclusion, I think that international sporting occasions can be one of the good ways to ease tensions or to release patriotism safely. However, I believe that games can not be the fundamental ways for the sound patriotism or peaceful international relations.

This is an excellent essay! Very well done!

matches
Do not write what the essay will be about, instead mention that there are people who disagree with you and why
which gives the
better
1990s, hundreds
tensions often overflow
a much worse
have