Our friend A took the IELTS test in Turkey and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You would like to participate in a training course. Write a letter to your manager about the course and ask for permission. In your letter
– Give details of the course.
– Why is it useful for you?
– How will it benefit your work?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some think that it is better to get information or advice from other people, while others believe one can get any information or advice from the Internet or books. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– What is your favourite room in your house? Why?
– What is your favourite food?
– Do you enjoy eating different food?
– Did you often eat international foods as a child?
– Have you tried any food from other countries recently?
– Did you like it? Why?
– What was your best holiday?
– Do you plan your trips?
– What is your next holiday plan?
Describe a person that you know well who likes to talk a lot. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– How did you meet?
– What do you do together?
– How often do you meet him/her?
– Did you talk about this person with others?
– What is the difference between formal and informal conversation?
– Is making a formal conversation more difficult than an informal one?
– Why do you think so?
– What kind of people have to talk in public?
– What skills do you need to talk in public?
– Is it an easy or a difficult task for you? Why?