Our friends took their IELTS exams in the UK and Sri Lanka, and here is what they remembered:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given three pie charts showing four types of vehicle crossings over bridges in the UK in 1965, 1985 and 2005. We had to compare the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries senior positions have higher salaries compared to those of young workers of the same company. Some people think this isn’t justified. Do you agree or disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– When do people give presents in your culture?
– Do you enjoy selecting gifts for others? Why?
– What was the last gift that you received?
– Who was it from?
– What was the occasion?
– Have you received any gift that you didn’t like?
Describe an activity you enjoy doing with an elder family member. Please say
– What is the activity?
– How often do you do this?
– Why do you enjoy doing this?
– What relationship do the younger and older people have in your culture?
– What does the younger generation think about relationships with their elders?
– Did it change compared to the past?
– How important is it to keep the whole family together?