Thanks to our friend J who took the test in the UAE we can share the following topics and questions from the recent IELTS exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing the distribution of car ownership between UK households, and asked to write a report describing the graph.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some businesses observe that new employees who just graduated from a college or university seem to lack interpersonal skills needed for communication with their colleagues. What could be the reason for this? What solutions can help address this problem?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– What can I call you?
– Do you work or study?
– What is the weather like in your country?
– Do you like a hot or a cold climate?
– Do you like when it is raining?
– Do you think the weather has changed comparing to the past? How?
– Do you think most people enjoy a hot climate? Why/Why not?
– Do you think the weather can affect people’s mood? In what way?
Describe a decision that you had made with the help of another person. Please say
– What decision was it?
– When was it and who helped you?
– How did you feel after making the decision?
– Do you find making decisions easy?
– Do you think decision-making is a skill that should be developed?
– What kind of decisions do teenagers face nowadays?
– What should the government focus on when making decisions for the country?