An IELTS test taker from Sri Lanka (thanks, S!) remembered the following topics and questions from his recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were asked to describe a vertical bar graph about spending on five retail items in Australia in March 2009 and March 2011.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that we should start giving formal education to students at a much earlier age, while others think we should wait until the age of 7. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Discuss and give reasons for your answer.
– What is your full name?
– Where do you live?
– Where do you prefer to live, in a city or a village? Why?
– When was the last time you visited a city?
– What city do you want to visit in the future? Why?
– Do you write letters often? Why / why not?
– Do you enjoy writing letters? Why / why not?
Talk about a sport that you really want to try in the future. Please say
– Why you like it
– When you first watched it
– When you want to play it.
– Do you think you will play this sport in the near future?
– Do you think there are differences in sports interests among children, comparing the time when you were growing up and now?
– Are there differences in sports interests at different ages?
– What is the most popular sport in your country nowadays?
– Is there an influence of business on sports nowadays?
– Do you think it is a good idea to use sportsmen in advertising?
– Has using sportsmen in advertising helped business?
– Would business people learn anything if they played sports?