Our friend S took the IELTS test in Sri Lanka and remembered the following topics and questions:
Passage 1. Different researches on walking and the importance of walking.
Passage 2. Using IT in the medical sector in New Zealand.
Passage 3. All about a company that follows flexi-time services.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were asked to summarise the key features and make comparisons between 2 graphs, as follows:
Graph one – average daily hours of sunshine in the cities of Melbourne and Darwin for one year.
Graph two – average monthly temperatures in the 2 cities for the same year.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Restoration of old buildings in main cities involves enormous government expenditure. It would be more beneficial to spend this money to build new houses and roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Where do you live?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Do you go shopping?
– Do you wear a watch?
– Why do you wear it?
– How would you feel if someone kept you waiting?
– Why is being on time important to you?
Describe a street that you visited to buy something. Please say:
– Where the street is
– When you visited it
– What you bought, and
– How you felt after that.
– Do business owners give special offers when their products are about to expire?
– Do these offers have value for money?
– Why do people like to have designer clothes?
– Why do people buy things that they don’t need?