Our friends N and E remembered the following questions after taking their tests in January in Singapore and Japan. The two tests were taken on the same day and the questions were identical.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing information about population growth in some countries by different age groups. We had to summarize and compare the information.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that face to face communication is always more powerful than written communication. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for work?
– Do you enjoy your work?
– How are things changing at your workplace?
– Let’s talk about numbers.
– What numbers do you consider good? Why?
– Are you good at math?
– Do you think you will be using more math in the future?
– Let’s talk about laughing.
– Do you think it is important to laugh with your friends?
– When was the last time you laughed?
– What was the reason?
– What usually makes you laugh?
– Do you laugh at yourself sometime? Why?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe an event that got you interested. Please say
– What was it?
– Where and when was it?
– Why was it interesting?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What personal events do people celebrate in your country?
– Why do you think countries are holding international events such as the Olympic Games?
– What do they benefit from it?