The IELTS exam below was shared by R, who took his test in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Section 1. A new patient was making an appointment at a dental clinic.
Section 2. Don’t remember.
Section 3. A conversation between two students about writing an article on history/museums.
Section 4. On how the English Channel was constructed. The idea, funds, etc.
Passage 1. ‘The last man who knew everything’ – a biographic review of Thomas Young. How his articles were contributed to Encyclopedia Britannica and other achievements.
Passage 2. Philosophy behind the failure of new inventions (marketing).
Passage 3. An article on communication and learning behavior of growing children, including different social experiments.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We had to write a report on a bar chart showing a gender-wise comparison of subjects taken by the students in different years.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that new advancements in factory farming and the creation of new combinations of fruits and vegetables are not beneficial, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What do you do?
– Why do you like doing your job?
– Do you like people around you at work? Why?
– Tell me about science education in your school.
– What did you like about it?
– What did you find the most difficult?
Talk about a place near water you visited in your childhood. Please say
– Who did you go with?
– When was it?
– Where was it located?
– What did you do there?
– What did you like or dislike about this place?
– Do you like flowers?
– Are there flowers in your country?
– What do flowers mean in your society?
– What kinds of flowers have a special meaning? Why?
– What are the benefits of living near a river in your society?
– What are the bad effects of living near a river? Why?
– Is traveling by sea safe?
– Do you prefer it to other options?
– What are the benefits and demerits of this type of travel?