J took the IELTS test in Pakistan and below are the Writing and Speaking questions he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Recently you have traveled by plane and during the journey you had an issue with one of airline employees. Write a letter to the company manager and say
– Give details of your flight.
– Describe the issue you have encountered.
– What do you expect the manager to do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays some people think that public libraries are not necessary, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– How long have you been living there?
– What is so special about this area, that you don’t want to move?
– Would you like to see any changes in the area where you currently live?
– Where do you work?
– How do you get there?
– What public holidays do you have in your country?
– What is your favourite public holiday?
– How do you celebrate it?
– Do you think the number of public holidays you have in your country are enough?
Describe a situation when you did not have enough time. Please say
– What was the situation?
– Why didn’t you have time?
– What did you do about it?
– How did you feel about it later?
– Do you think time management is necessary?
– How can you learn to manage time?
– How can time management help us?
– Do you think as a person gets older the array of their activities gets smaller?