A test taker from Malaysia shared the questions from her recent General Training IELTS exam, below:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You use the local swimming pool often and during one of your visits you have encountered a problem. Write a letter to the manager and say
– What the problem was and when it happened
– What the swimming pool staff have done about it
– Suggest your own solution to the problem.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think it is better for children to have many short holidays during the year. Others believe it would be beneficial to have fewer, longer vacations. Discus both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like your job?
– Let’s talk about the place where you live.
– Is it a house or an apartment?
– Do you like living in your apartment?
– Do you use a car to move around?
– How do you usually travel from one place to another?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a piece of art that you have created. Please say
– What it was
– When you made it
– How you made it
– And explain how you felt after that.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Are crafts popular in your country?
– What kind of crafts are there in your country?
– Do you think selling crafts is important for tourism in a country?
– Do you think the government should help improve the market for crafts in a country?