Our Malaysian friend S shared a recent IELTS exam. S didn’t remember much about the Listening or the Reading, but had a good recollection of the Writing and Speaking.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your friend is coming over to stay with you. However, you will be away on vacation for a month. Write him/her a letter and say:
– how to get the keys to your flat,
– how to operate the equipment in the flat, and
– suggest a few places of interest to visit.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that children should be brought up in cities. Others believe that countryside offers a better environment for children. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– Do you work or study?
– Tell me about your job.
– How do you spend your weekends?
– How will you spend the next weekend?
– Do you feel that weekends are more enjoyable today or when you were a child?
– How many schools have you attended?
– Which school did you prefer?
– Did your parents send you there? Why?
– Would you send your children to that school?
Talk about a book that you have read recently. Please say
– What is the book about?
– Who is the author?
– Did you like or dislike the book?
– Do you like reading?
– Do you think the young generation likes to read nowadays?
– What books are popular?
– What do you think about reading a paperback compared to a digital book?
– Do you think children should be encouraged to read? Why?
– Do you think that children playing digital games instead of reading are more impatient?
– Why do some people like to keep books?
– Do you think with development of technology people will still read books in the future?