Our friend Y took the IELTS test in Malaysia and remembered the following questions from the Writing and Speaking sub-tests:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have received a record that needs to be translated. Write a letter to a translating agency and say
– What is there on the record?
– Why do you want to translate it?
– Why is it so urgent for you to get it translated?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people prefer cold weather conditions, while others don’t. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like your job?
Talk about a city you know well. Please say
– What city is it?
– What do you like about it?
– What are the interesting places there?
– How big is the population of that city?
– Do you prefer a car or a public transport?
– Do you drink tap water or bottled water?
– What is the difference between cities and countryside?
– What is the difference between one city and another?
– Did you travel by car recently?
– Where did you go?